PWGC, a multi-year award-winning environmental engineering firm seeks an experienced professional engineer for closed loop geothermal projects in the downstate New York area.
If you are motivated and passionate about what you do and have the requisite skills, consider joining our firm of 80 employees where your voice will be heard, and you will enjoy our excellent benefits package. We support lifelong learning and professional development as well as life-work balance.
Responsibiltities include but are not limited to:
- With high-level goals provided by senior management, leads the team to create engineering designs including geothermal systems master planning & studies primarily for closed loop systems; conceptual and basis of design technical documents; analyzes horizontal and vertical geothermal bore field systems; creates detailed design of geothermal heating and cooling systems for sustainability/energy efficiency/renewable energy/green buildings focused projects
- Designs systems of low to moderate complexity to meet client requirements
- Reviews draft designs for compliance both internally and with federal, state, and local regulations and signs off on completed designs.
- Collaborates with staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, Architectural or Chemical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline
- Professional engineering (PE) license
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Advanced Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices, REVIT preferred as the main drafting software.
- Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Significant knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- Expert knowledge of ground heat exchanger design software (ex GLD)
- Expert knowledge of commercial building sciences, mechanical system design, conventional HVAC, heat pump technologies, building automation and energy modelling applications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level